How To Design the Perfect Bedroom
In most homes, the master bedroom is usually the last place to be decorated or receive attention. Instead of being a haven from the world’s troubles and a place for rest and relaxation, bedrooms are sometime unattractive hodge-podge storage spaces that are anything but restful. But with a few simple steps, you can create the perfect sleep space that not only reflects your personality and interests, but one that will also foster restful and restorative sleep.
When seeking to create the bedroom of your dreams, it is important to remember to utilize a simple design that functions well. Include practical and pretty touches. Efficient and well-designed sleep spaces should contain a carefully-curated collection of furniture, bedding and décor that involves a feeling of calm and peacefulness. With a few simple steps, you can create a serene, beautiful and tranquil sleep space where you’ll love to drift off to dream.
Fantastic sleep spaces should include:
- The best mattress you can afford: The mattress is the foundation for your sleep space and a key component of a good night’s rest. Select a mattress in a size that suits your sleep space and fits the needs of those sleeping in the room. Remember to select a quality product that will guarantee comfortable, supported sleep and peaceful dreams for years to come.
- The best bed linens you can afford: Choose sheets, pillow shams, duvet covers and other bed linens made of quality fabrics that feature embroidery and other fine finishes. Dress your bed in beautiful and luxurious bedding. Stunning fabrics and exquisite details create layers of comfort and add beauty to your place of slumber.
- The best pillows you can afford: No matter if you’re a side sleeper, stomach sleeper or back sleeper, you need pillows that support your head, neck and spine to ensure you are well-supported while you rest. Chose high-quality down and feather pillows to ensure correct support and comforting luxury.
- Layers of beautiful lighting: After considering the natural light in your bedroom, add thoughtful layers of lighting with a combination of sconces, standing torch lamps, overhead lighting and small accent lamps to define areas of your room, highlight activity spaces and provide serene atmosphere.
- Carefully-selected furniture: In addition to your beautifully-appointed bed, a fantastic bedroom should include nightstands, dressers, chairs and other thoughtfully-chosen furniture pieces that are beautiful, provide ample storage, seating or other function and work harmoniously with the design of the room.
- Personalized accents: Consider accessorizing your bedroom with a fun and cozy area rug in your favorite colors, green plants that add life to the space, shelving for both décor and storage, art that reflects your interests, personal photos and touches of thematic décor that truly make this sleep space your own.
- A few more things: Adding a uniquely textured area rug to a bedroom space automatically adds depth and character and also provides a warm place for your toes to land on cold mornings. A beautiful mirror adds light and movement to the sleep space, but also allows you to check your appearance as you head out each morning.
The average American spends about 36 years in bed, so it is important to take some time to appoint your sleep space with items that are beautiful and comfortable. Luxury pillows, sheets and duvets can create a classic and comfortable sleep space that provides a place for restorative sleep. Select furniture that is both beautiful and functional. Invest in the best mattress, sheets and bedding that you can afford. Choose the materials that are beautiful and comfortable to you. Careful attention to detail will create a luxury bedroom that you will cherish for years to come.
To learn more about our luxurious bedding products, Perfetto mattress collection handcrafted in Italy and more, visit elegantstrand.com and feel the elegance.